Ms Su Sandar – Class of Graduate Certificate in Structural Design Technology (GC-SDT),2019

Profile Pic Su Sandar

Ms Su Sandar

Senior Engineer, TW-Asia Consultants Pte Ltd

Class of Graduate Certificate in Structural Design Technology (GC-SDT), 2019

What made you choose the course in NUS over other courses?

It is important to keep up with the latest technologies and design rules. As a structural design engineer I believe that engineering is a lifelong learning journey and one should always keep themselves up to date. When I embarked in my career in Singapore, I decided that I should get my MSc in Civil Engineering (specialisation in Structural) from NUS as it was well recognised and a prestigious university.

Therefore I decided to enrol into graduate certificate course with CEE, NUS in Structural Design Technology.

What do you like most about this course in NUS?

Learning new things can be tough but being in a helpful and motivating environment will make learning more fun and enjoyable. In GC-SDT the professors and mentors were helpful and was well known in the industry.

The classroom was filled with engineers with different engineering backgrounds and they shared their perspective and experiences to enhance the learning.

My learning journey at CEE, NUS made me realise how vast and interconnected is the engineering society. The programme gave me an opportunity to establish connection and exchange knowledge with one another.

How has the course helped you with your everyday/work life?

Being a student again, has helped me to gain new perspective on theories which I can incorporate them in my daily scope of work.

Any tips for incoming and current students?

As a GC graduates, I would say that GC-SDT is not only a stepping stone but a beacon for anyone who desires to work in structural design fields and who are pursuing for Master Degree and their continuous professional development.